July 30, 2015

Tablesetting - ready for Sunday cake

They say the weather will get better this weekend, so why not focus on summer cake and summer tables.
All of you who follow us at Instagram, may have seen some of these photos before, but I hope it is alright I show them again. The reason why I want to show them again, is that I think it is important to keep in mind that there is still a long period where you can find beautiful gardenflowers to use in your table setting.



A couple of weeks ago, I made this delicious cheesecake together with my family in celebration of the lovely weather. It was one of these slow days in our holiday where time was spend picking flowers in the garden, and where there was plenty of time to sit around the table and enjoy each others company. 




I mixed the flowers with the wonderful Moonnapkins, which I am very excited about. They come in two colors, and are made in linen gauze. I used the white ones because of the warm summer weather, but I also have a huge crush on the napkins in fig color.

 

Ceramic vase



The beautiful glazed ceramic vase Glazedome is a classic and wonderful vase which is perfect for a summer bouquet. I love the shape, and the size. It can easily be mixed with glass and other ceramics, and complement the flowers really well. Again there is more colors - in my opinion one for the summer table, one for the graphic home, and one for a classic and romantic home.

You find all three Glazedome vases here.

Plates for the Sunday cake


 To serve the cake I used the Servoval which have this lovely oval shape and which comes in a delicate white design.
Often you will probably use the oval shaped dishes as serving dishes, but they are also quite obvious to use as plates. I think it gives an exclusive feel when using them as plates, instead of the more traditional round plates.

You find Servoval here. 

How do you set the table?


Many of you have already shown your version of table setting with flowers on Instagram, and it has been so inspiring to follow along. I hope you will join the #tinekhome inspiration board at Instagram, and show us how you decorate your table with flowers and tinekhome products.

In this post I gave you an idea on how to make a simple decor and table setting with a small selection of flowers from the garden. But there is also a lot of pretty flowers to find in the forest or by the road. 

I go for a natural look and a table setting that provides a relaxed and pleasant expression - what do you prefer? Have fun setting the table, and keep up inspiring us with your great decor by using #tinekhome.

Best wishes for a lovely day - Stine

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you